Senior Adults are very important to us here at Mt. Pisgah Baptist Church. We believe that Godly Seniors are one of our church’s greatest resources. Proverbs 16:31 says “The gray head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness.”
Within the age group of 55 years and above can be found wisdom, experience, spiritual maturity and strength and leadership. Our church tries to draw on these areas in order that we might advance the kingdom of God in our community.
Senior Adult LifeGroups every Sunday Morning at 9:30 am. This is a time of prayer, outreach, fellowship and bible study.
Outings and Trips
Every few months we will be scheduling a trip or an outing. Some trips will be in town to eat lunch or supper, some are day trips and some are overnight trips. Cost for these trips will range from the meal price at a local restaurant to $20 – $50 for day outings to around $100 for overnight trips. These trips will be publicized in the church bulletin.
Our widows meet the last Tuesday Morning of the month at 10 am for a time of bible study and fellowship. They meet at the church for bible study and then go out and eat lunch together.
It is our goal in the area of Senior Adult Ministry to meet the needs of Senior Adults through 5 different avenues of ministry. These avenues are:
- Growing – We grow in Christ through participating in regular Bible Study classes, worship services, conferences, Bible studies and other spiritual growth events.
- Learning – We enjoy learning information about home safety, hobbies, finances, health and historical information about regional and local community sites.
- Fellowshipping – We enjoy getting to know one another as we participate in monthly meetings, outreach, trips, banquets, dining out, and recreational activities.
- Caring – We take time to meet the needs of those that are in the nursing home, hospital and the home bound, and others in need in our community.
- Reaching – We try to share God’s love and His gospel with those that we contact as we grow, learn, fellowship, and care about the lost around us.